So I got on the scale today, and I didn’t like what I saw. Easily the heaviest I’ve been, certainly the heaviest in several years. So I did some things.
- I prayed. So often when we start things, when I start things, I forget to let God in. He wants to be there for us. He has grace to give us. We don’t have to do anything on our own. And nothing good comes from going it alone. I gave this to God.
- I made a short term goal. I’ve decided that a good place to start is losing 20 pounds by Easter. That’s just a little bit of a long way to go, but it’s a start.
- I promised myself, and promised God, I would:
- Log all my food every day until Easter. I use the Healthi app, if you want to know. I like the ease of the programs, and the price!
- Get some exercise at least three times a week, five would be better.
- I would attempt to close all my Apple Watch move rings every day, but I will not change their goals until I lose the 20 pounds.
- I made conscious, healthy eating choices today. Even at the evening meal, I went to Culvers, but no cheese curds for me! Instead it was a grilled chicken sandwich (they have a really good one) with some buffalo sauce on it, steamed broccoli (it was what it was), and a side salad with raspberry vinaigrette. Overall a good meal, and definitely healthier than I otherwise would have chosen.
- I hit my Quiet Punch bag. (Use code FATHERPAT10 for 10% off!) I love the weekly motivation challenges, I just haven’t done one in a long time. Today was the day to get started again. It kicked my butt (all the workouts are great, totallly worth investing in the bag), but I felt much better getting started again.
So it’s a start, and one I’m glad I made. I prayed, set a goal, picked some objectives, and did some actions. That’s how you get started. I’ll keep updating my progress, for accountability if nothing else.